RECIPES FROM OUR AUTHORS, POETS, AND ARTIST
Tender lamb joint in the slow cooker with vegetables and gravy. One pot and easy - all you need to do is make some Yorkshire
pud to go with it and add some mint sauce. Seriously [...]
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into thirds
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
- Equipment: an adjustable-blade slicer fitted with 1/8-inch julienne attachment
- Julienne skin (only) from half of zucchini with
slicer; toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and drain in a sieve until wilted, at least 20 minutes. Coarsely chop remaining zucchini.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a 3- to 4-quarts heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chopped zucchini and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add 3 cups water and simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 15 minutes. Purée soup with basil in 2 batches in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids).
- Bring remaining cup water to a boil in a small saucepan and blanch julienned zucchini 1 minute. Drain in a sieve set over a bowl (use liquid to thin soup if necessary).
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls with julienned zucchini mounded on top. _____________________________________________________________________________Hi
- I hope this finds you well. Of course I can help with anything you need.I would like to participate in being your columnist in your magazine. Attached is my front cover and an excerpt.Finally, here is a recipe:
Apple Crisp“If you were family or friends, you could count on an apple crisp from momma for Christmas. Which she claimed were so good because her apples were made from love.”
-Our Family Quilt by Rhonda CrattyWithin the pages of Our Family Quilt Grace tells the story of her momma’s Apple Crisp. Then she teaches Audrey and Jana how
to makeit. Below is the recipe.
Apple Crisp5 cups of sliced, pared apples¾ cup of packed brown sugar½ cup of flour½ cup of oats¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon¾ teaspoon of ground nutmeg¾ teaspoon of cloves½ cup of butterPreheat oven to 375
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.Arrange apples in pan.Mix remaining ingredients, then sprinkle over apples.Bake 30 minutes.Serve with a good book.
- Have a great time,Rhonda